November 11, the national team of Kazakhstan for MMA will go to the World Championships, which will be held from November 12 to 19 in the capital of Bahrain Manama. This championship has collected a record number of participating countries, 252 athletes from 51 countries will fight in the cage for the right to become the first in 14 weight categories.
Kazakhstan will be represented by 15 members of the national team at the World Championships.
For the first time in the world championship Kazakhstan will be represented in the women's division: in the weight category up to 52.2 kg will fight the vice-champion of Asian MMA Championship AyanTursyn from Almaty and in the weight category up to 56.7 kg will perform promising athlete from TaldykorganGulmiraNugmanova.
Men from Kazakhstan will perform in weight categories:
- up to 56.7 kg - Asian champion Yernaz Mussabek (Astana) and bronze medalist of Kazakhstan championship Dastan Zhakypbekov (Almaty region);
- up to 61.2 kg - vice-champion of Kazakhstan Jetpissov Dinislam (Karaganda) and champion of Asia Olzhas Moldagaliyev (Atyrau);
- up to 65.8 kg - Kazakhstan champion Merey Zhubanov (Karaganda) and silver medalist of the Asian Championship Bekzat Zhassiya (South-Kazakhstan region);
- up to 70.3 kg - silver medalist of Asian championship NeymatAssadov (Karaganda) and DarkhanZhumabay (Akmola region);
- up to 77.1 kg - Asian champion Zhan Kenzhebaev (Almaty) and bronze medalist of Kazakhstan championship MakhirAliyev (Astana);
- to 83,9 kg - the bronze medalist of the Asian championship MeirambekDemeubaev (Astana) and the bronze medalist of the championship of Kazakhstan MadiDosmukhametov (Almaty region)
- up to 93 kg - bronze medalist of Asian and European championships KudaibergenToleubaev (Karaganda).
The World MMA Championship is held under the auspices of the International Federation of MMA (IMMAF) within BRAVE International Combat Week.